Healthy Summer Snack Ideas
Summer is almost here and things are kicking back into gear. You might be more on-the-go this season and in need of a few go-to snacks that won’t break the bank (or the scale)! Whether you’re on the road or in the comfort of your own home, here are 5 delicious and healthy snacks for your summertime plans:
1. Fruit is high in antioxidants and fiber, easy to find in any store, and can be juicy, thick, hard, or soft. Since there’s so much variety, it’s almost impossible to get bored of all the flavors. Still need a little more excitement? Add some Greek yogurt to the mix or make them into a frozen treat. Blueberries, grapes, bananas, and grapefruit are all delicious options!
2. Cheese please! Although cheese can be high in fat, it’s packed with protein and can fill you up for hours. String cheese is a great way to manage how much you eat and you can have fun stringing it while you eat! And who are we kidding…everyone loves a cheese plate before dinner is served!
3. Grab some popcorn and hit play! Popcorn is both delicious and low in calories. It fills you up, but doesn’t make you feel heavy. It can be enjoyed midday or late-night while you snuggle up in your favorite blanket. The best kind of food is homemade, so test out on your very own popcorn using this recipe. It only takes a few minutes and is much healthier than store-bought popcorn.
4. You can’t go wrong with a good dip of hummus and vegetables. You get the crunch of a raw veggie and the smooth texture of hummus. Win-win! Hummus can be paired with many vegetables, but carrots, snap peas, and broccoli are a few of the most common options. Have fun trying different hummus flavors like red pepper, garlic, or olive.
5. Almonds are one the healthiest snacks you can nibble on. They are packed full of fiber, protein, calcium, and Vitamin E. Nuts in general are a healthy option, but almonds have the fewest calories than any other nut variety. These little guys hold up great on the road, so take them on a hike, a long day out, or a beach day.
You know what the best part about all these snacks is? You can enjoy ALL these nutritious snacks in your Fantasy spa! They are easy to eat and don’t have to be warm to be enjoyed. You also don’t need a plate or silverware for these handy snacks.
Even better? The Aspire has an (optional) tray so you can enjoy your yummy treats at your own pace. The sun is out, your spa is ready, and the healthy snacks are calling your name. Time to officially kick off the best time of year!